We are looking for an experienced Strategic sourcing manager/Supply chain manager with demonstrated experience in strategic supplier management and project management (engineering/automotive background). An ideal candidate will be strongly customer-oriented, capable to understand complex environments and an experienced leader. In order to succeed, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and preferably have experience working in a multinational company.
Purpose of the position:
Manages the Supply Chain from a strategic point of view, and leads the Czech Republic Manufacturing supply chain team to maximize business value and results in alignment with global and regional strategy. In line with the EMEA and global Supply chain strategy develops a strategic plan for commodities or strategic suppliers. Responsible for overall relationship with key suppliers and strategic accounts across given commodities. Ensures long-term working relationships with the strategic suppliers and works with them on continuous improvement and improving delivery performance.
Responsibility and competencies
- Lead a team of buyers (5 people), mentoring and coaching the members of the team
- Manage the supply base to achieve a best-in-class operational performance of Czech Mfg including developing a suitable supplier panel and targeted cost structure and on-time delivery
- Responsible for negotiation and development of sourcing strategies as well as for the assessment of cost drivers to address them
- Daily communication to suppliers, including presentations, visits (traveling max. 30%), being an escalation contact in terms of major supplier escapes
- Partner with quality teams, engineering/product management, and Operations to manage critical situations and incidents proactively and reactively
- Strategic sourcing and planning of key commodities /Suppliers
- Analysis of the supply chain, cost, and opportunities for optimizing the supply chain
- Optimizing the current supply chain of the factory and working on operational savings
- Selects source for new products or components in line with the company’s commodity sourcing strategy
- The candidate demonstrates teamwork. Able to simplify when dealing with complex challenges and execute fast.
- Able to translate complex data into a solution with an analytical mindset, and look for new solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Czech language is not essential for this role
- Fluent English, additional languages advantageous
- Education – Higher level or university education, preferably in engineering,economics, business
- Prior experience 6+ years min.
- Prior experience in strategic purchasing, supply chain management, or procurement
- Management skills – experience leading teams and project teams
- 5 weeks of paid holiday
- Sodexo card
- Pension insurance
- Company car (also for private purposes) Competitive salary + bonuses
- Home office possible 2 – 3 days a week
- South Moravian region