An interesting opportunity to work for a global logistics company providing international secure logsitics of high value cargo on a fully insured door-to-door basis. The objective of this position is to provide a high level of customer satisfaction to be achieved through timely delivery of services, coordination of services with our client’s partners and customers and monitoring of the shipping process to successful delivery at destination.
About the role
- Management of the entire shipping process on an international basis from collection to delivery, booking services with partners, documentation preparation, en-route security monitoring, delivery confirmation and providing continuous updates to customers throughout shipping process and closely managing the customer relationship.
- Ensure timely updates are made to the Cargowise system.
- Troubleshoot in emergency situations and prevent potential conflicts/issues through proactive monitoring of the process.
- Support the quotation process; contact and obtain quotations from vendors and update rates in the operating system, provide vendor quotes to sales team as and when requested. Actively communicate with new vendors to obtain timely quotations and negotiate rates where necessary. Communicate vendor service issued to the General Manager.
- Coordination with finance for issuance of accurate customer invoices, verification of accounts payable invoices and vendor payments. Communicate with vendors on any invoicing issues to efficiently resolve.
- Prepare operational reports and communicate vendor service issues to manager on a weekly basis.
- Provide great customer service – exhibit positive, friendly attitude and proactive communication with all clients and vendors and representing the business at all times.
- Uphold the integrity of database comprising of vendor costs and information. Amend database information where applicable.
- Carry out any special projects as assigned.
What is required:
- Educated to diploma level.
- At least 2-4 years’ experience occupying a similar role, overseeing and managing the shipping process in a global environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision on a day to day basis.
- Proven track record in a customer facing operation ideally in the service sector.
- Strong communications skills with an excellent command of German and English (written and spoken). Additional language skill in either Russian, French, Spanish would be a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of freight forwarding software such as Cargowise is preferred
Type of contract
- Full time
- Darmstadt, Germany